It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ever since I updated, my tags no longer scroll down and are unavailable.
Is there a way to go back to the previous version of GOG Galaxy?
It was fine before the update.
Post edited February 10, 2023 by Darrell999
high rated
Darrell999: Is there a way to go back to the previous version of GOG Galaxy?
1. Start File Explorer. Enter the following in the address bar. While GOG Galaxy isn't running, back up these folders.
%AllUsersProfile%\GOG.com\
%LocalAppData%\GOG.com\
2. Uninstall the current version of GOG Galaxy.
3. Install setup_galaxy_2.0.55.99.exe which is the last version known not to constantly crash in the background. Do not launch it at the end of the installation.
4. From the backed up %AllUsersProfile%\GOG.com\ folder, you'll want to restore the config.json file and the storage folder. From %LocalAppData%\GOG.com\ folder, just the \Galaxy\Configuration\config.json file should do.
5. In the %AllUsersProfile%\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists\ folder, rename GalaxyUpdater.exe to something else, like GalaxyUpdater.exe-disabled.
6. If you have games installed, start GOG Galaxy, click the cogwheel in the top left, then choose Add Games & Friends, then Scan Folders for GOG Games.

Edit: swapped steps 4 and 5, clarified restoring the backup should be more selective (don't overwrite older executables with the newer backed up versions for example).
Post edited February 10, 2023 by Ice_Mage
It worked! Thank you so much, Ice_Mage. I really appreciate your help!
high rated
THANK YOU Ice_Mage! Have a +1 for your succinct instructions on how to do a proper rollback.
Small snag: I would delete or rename the "GalaxyUpdater.exe" from the backup folder as well - which I did.

@CDPR/GalaxyTeam:
Guys, face it, however it happened, you screwed up the latest version of Galaxy. Delete the package from the servers and do a damned rollback, apologize and maybe ask for volunteer guniea pigs to beta-test the latest version a bit more.
Darrell999: It worked! Thank you so much, Ice_Mage. I really appreciate your help!
Amokhunter: THANK YOU Ice_Mage! Have a +1 for your succinct instructions on how to do a proper rollback.
You're welcome.
Amokhunter: Small snag: I would delete or rename the "GalaxyUpdater.exe" from the backup folder as well - which I did.
I switched steps 4 and 5 in the above post. I recommend keeping the updater executable (but renamed), so if they ever fix the problem you won't have to update via the full installer.
Ice_Mage, I haven't posted on these forums in years, but I also want to add a THANK YOU! I was having all kinds of problems with the latest update, looked on here to see if there was a way to go back and found your solution.
Amokhunter: THANK YOU Ice_Mage! Have a +1 for your succinct instructions on how to do a proper rollback.
Small snag: I would delete or rename the "GalaxyUpdater.exe" from the backup folder as well - which I did.

@CDPR/GalaxyTeam:
Guys, face it, however it happened, you screwed up the latest version of Galaxy. Delete the package from the servers and do a damned rollback, apologize and maybe ask for volunteer guniea pigs to beta-test the latest version a bit more.
This is exactly what needs to happen
Post edited February 16, 2023 by smuggly
Ice_Mage

Thank You. This fixed my %cannot install upgrade% problem.

Salute to you, iou 1 beer.
Ice_Mage: You're welcome.
Amokhunter: Small snag: I would delete or rename the "GalaxyUpdater.exe" from the backup folder as well - which I did.
Ice_Mage: I switched steps 4 and 5 in the above post. I recommend keeping the updater executable (but renamed), so if they ever fix the problem you won't have to update via the full installer.
Bless you great and kind Ice_Mage, this bug was driving me up a wall! All hail the Ice_Mage!
Worked perfectly. GOG Galaxy is now up and running again on my PC. The fact that there hasn't been an official fix issued allowing users to roll back to a stable version speaks volumes.
Post edited February 19, 2023 by DarWun
So first time in years installing GOG and the usual link DOES NOT WORK and the link to "Support Article" also DOES NOT WORK.

This link from Ice_Mage works tho. Thanks.